If lost your KCPE or KCSE certificate you cannot get a job in Kenya. It’s therefore prudent that you re-acquire one so that it will be easier for one to be employed in Kenya.
To reprocess the lost certificates, The Kenya National Examination Council has simplified the process of acquiring the documents through an online portal The Query Management Information System (QMIS)
Inside the KNEC Website is the Query Management Information System (QMIS ) which is an electronic platform for online submission and processing of queries relating to Examination results , Certification of Examination ,Results for candidates who have lost their certificates ,Confirmation of Examination Results and equation of Foreign Qualifications.
The system also handles the following ;
1. BIODATA amendments (name, photo,gender,year of birth,birth certificate number ,citizenship and entry code.
2.Direct recoveries for KCPE and KCPE result slips ,Certificates and result print out.
3. Result or marks queries that’s Absenteeism ,missing marks and payment queries.
Procedure of Registering QMIS System.
1.Use the web address https://qmis.knec .ac.ke to access the QMIS system.
2. If you are a new user prompt to register.
3. Click the registering button.
4.Fill in the required details such as your Full names, mobile number,postal address,title /designation(one can select from the options given) and Email Address. Then click on the register button.
5.Your login credentials will be sent to your email.
6.Click on ,login credentials.Enter the email credentials and login button.
7. If you have forgotten your password ,click on the forgot password.
Below is a detailed schedule of the QMIS Process;
1.Use the web address https://qmis.knec.ke to access the system.
2. if new ,then register using the above procedure into the system.
3.The client then accesses the user manual . The user can at this point identify the requirements relevant to his query and upload scanned copies of the requisite documents.
4.Then make payment of the amount as prompted by the system. Payments are by M-PESA.
5. Upon successful processing of the query ,KNEC ,using the client’s provided email or phone number ,notifies them to collect their processed documents. A client is at the point of collection required to avail original copies of the documents they had attached during the application process.
KNEC advises the clients to keep the passwords and username private and confidential. It’s important that the applicants gives a valid email address or mobile number so as to receive feedback.